Announcements!

Are you confused? Need help? Call up Professor Oak!
Jessica
Site Admin

Announcements!

Post by Jessica » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:06 pm

News and other announcements related to the TCG will be posted here! This topic is a sticky, so be sure to check it out when you see the pokeball alert you!

Jessica
Site Admin

Re: Announcements!

Post by Jessica » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:07 pm

Okay, so I'm going to be leaving my job soon-ish and will have more time to focus on VR. With that being said, I'd like to change a few things regarding some of the activities on here! The big change will be the Gym Battles / Gym Badges.

The current way is honestly too troublesome and takes FOREVER! Lets be honest, the workload is too heavy for the reward SO I figured we could change some things with the acitivity to make it "everyone" friendly!

---The badges would now be earned like achievements (i guess?). You would master x amount of decks (by either types or trainer options!) which will result in you getting the badge + reward anyways, which i think will be alot easier on alot of players since the current way is honestly too much trouble. (I dont want to have a mod specifically for that game because I dont even like the way it is now!)

Example bc i love examples;;
Mio chooses to go for the Cerulean Badge. The options for earning that badge are either:
1. Masters 15 water type pokemon which will earn the badge + rewards.
2. Masters Mysti's line up of Pokemon consisting of Staryu, Starmie, Psyduck, Gyarados, Goldeen, Horsea, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Politoed, Corsola, Azurill, Luvdisc, Dewgong, Togepi & Togetic which will earn the badge + Mysti level rewards.

The second thing I would LOVE to implement would be eggs! Now the idea I have for eggs is kind of tricky, so please give me your feedback/ideas on how to deal with this one. I want to have a nursery/daycare where players are allowed to adopt 1 (starting) egg at a time to "hatch." Now the hatching process will obviously begin on the date which you adopted the egg. So you would complete tasks (kind of like the gym ones NOW) to earn footsteps to hatch your eggs.

Example:
I adopt a random egg that requires 100 footsteps to hatch. Mastering a deck is 10 footsteps, turning in a tradecard is 25, leveling up is 50.
To hatch my egg I can complete any series/sequence of tasks to equal 100 footsteps in order to hatch my egg.

The idea I have for the eggs is basically each egg will be direct linked until it hatches so that the eggs are truly random. Once the egg hatches on your tradepost then you would update the link / card to show your hatched pokemon. There will be shinies which i think will be fun!
I will also give the option to breed pokemon but once you breed them you cannot have them back - they now belong to the nursery! If you breed the pokemon though you will be allowed to keep 2 eggs instead of 1. You can have up to 3 active eggs at a time and have a party of 6 pokemon max!

Obviously these things will be shown on your profiles! Let me know what you guys think while I work on this update, okay!